Tremblay Baby Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

36 weeks and counting!

I have not posted a message in awhile, so I wanted to give an update....
First off there are 25 days left till my due date, July 21, 2007. Baby is doing fabulously, lots of movement and growing well! Mommy has carpal tunnel in her right wrist and has to wear a funny brace sometimes at work and two wrist guards at night while sleeping, talk about sexy!! Other than that, and the occasional swelly ankles, things have been great and I love being pregnant!
I have completed the testing for the exercise research study I was in. The testing was long (5 hours in total) with many blood pressure readings, blood taking, and at one point I had to wear a crazy apparatus on my head that had a ventilator attached to it. The ventilator controlled the oxygen and carbon dioxide flow, I had to wear it while increasing my level of exercise on a stationary bike. This was the easier part surprisingly enough, the tough part of the testing was having a blood pressure cuff on my hand cutting off a great deal of blood flow for 6 minutes at a time, I did this 4 times throughout the testing, ugggg! This was done so the researcher (Tracey) could watch my vein with ultrasound to see how the veins response with restricted blood flow, then the blood flow was released. She did this with other women who have high blood pressure. The cool part of the testing was the fetal monitoring, a Nurse from the hospital came and monitored fetal movements and heart rate for 2 X 20 miniute sessions. She said it was one of the most active babies she had ever monitored! Not sure if that is a good or bad sign?
Eric's Dad thinks the baby will be an over-achiever like his/her daddy, ha ha! So now that the testing is over I can still work out at Queens with the group, I have cut back to two days weekly but I am still walking at lunch with my walking buddy Janet.
I am also done work at the end if this week and I want to start swimming for exercise in the last few weeks. I went swimming in Vanessa's pool about 2 weeks ago and it felt great!
Our top selection for a boy's name has changed slightly to "Nicolas" from "Sebastien". I think we will wait until we meet Baby Tremblay to decide:) Sophie still the front runner for girls names! If I could venture a guess right now on the sex, I will guess BOY, this is Eric's guess too! He's been humming the NHL theme the past few weeks!
We met with Donna last week, our Doula to discuss labor wishes, medication and for her to see the house and get a sense of where things are located like towels, coffee ect.... Aunt Julie was there because she is going to be in the delivery room with Eric and I. We had a good time and it was helpful to get ideas about when Donna should come over once labor starts and how everyone can help. She is super nice and Eric and I feel very confident she will be a huge help for pain management and keeping me calm. My last task is to prepare a birth plan about my wishes during labor. Eric has been a great "Dad to be" very helpful and considerate and best of all loving! He loves to feel the baby at night just before falling asleep!
That is about all for now, I'll keep you posted!! It won't be much longer now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home